Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sporting Activity - Please participate

Before starting this article I want to make one request, please just don’t read it as a normal article, kindly think over it and make some good suggestions and step forward to implement it practically.

Thanks

Sports are a very important part of our life. They give us an escape from the hectic life we live and had a great influence on our mental and physical health. Growing children need inspiration and physical stimulation, and sports are a great way to provide such things.

Read the above paragraph? Good! Now tell me how many of us are into some kind of sporting activity? When was the last time you played cricket or football or racket game? Are you member of any sporting club or academy?

I bet 95% people reading this article have no answer for above questions.

Have you ever wondered why we are like this? Are we just born to work like donkeys all day long and on weekends just watching TV or discussing politics with our friends?

Man I am frustrated. I want to play; I want to be relaxed for at least few hours, far away from all personal and professional problems. I want to enjoy my life with reasonable budget and within Islamic limits.

When I discussed it with few people the only excuse I got was that “WE DON’T HAVE ANY PLATFORM NOR WE HAVE MONEY TO JOIN EXPENSIVE CLUBS

Agreed, if all of us are interested and we all have same excuse so why don’t we form our own platform? Why are we waiting for someone to give us invitation? Atleast we can start with some low budget activity. Arranging a cricket or a football match will not cost that much brother.

Why can’t we form different teams of Khoja members? Atleast we can start from our area, if we just lay a foundation, I am sure many people will join us. We can form our sports committee and on basis of the ability and expert level we can make different teams for different games.

Further on we can have inter-area matches and we can extend it to inter-city competitions.

Our kids somehow mange to get involved in some sporting activities either in school or in summer camps but who has stopped us for not playing at the age of 30 or 40 or 50?

Cool, now what? Are you ready to participate or you are happy watching TV and discussing irrelevant issues?

I am ready to step ahead and start in my city (Karachi), if someone is interested in joining me, kindly provide your details and drop a suggestion of sport you are interested in.

Details:
Name:
Age:
Area:
Cell no:
Sport you are interested in:(Cricket, Hockey, Football, BasketBall)

People from Karachi can send me these details on
khoja.sia@gmail.com

Plan:
I will compile and make summary of participants, will share it with you all. I will give a try and contact Khoja Jamaat to start it under their umbrella, if they show interest then excellent else we can form our own committee and divide people in teams according to their age groups and interest and make an ongoing plan.


Every Sunday first half we can do our activites and rest of the day will be a usual family day.

Sounds good?

Can people from other cities also step forward and take this as a task?

15 comments:

  1. Excellent idea. My details are on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Initiative.

    I will join you. I've Send my details via email.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested in basket ball, hope I can cope up at the of 45 :)

    Anyways I will give a try thou.

    emailed u the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi , i think that queries u made misses out a point and that was of gender... male or female
    isnt there any thing for females? dont we have right to participate in healthy things... are we left just to take care of homes and kids?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be great if KPSIAJ supports your plan and start some sporting activity. I remember few years back they build a cricket team and were offering table tennis also. Anyways I support you plan. Keep going! We are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you every one, keeping sending your details, I haven't received much yet.
    @Sarah: I agree with you, let something start next step would be something for females.
    Also you can contact members of women wing they are starting some summer activities for females.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete